We have made the difficult decision to cancel arts-X-press 2020 due to continued uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. Despite this cancellation, we still believe there is a place for arts-X-press this summer. At arts-X-press, we create a safe place for students to process the world around them, find their voice, take creative risks and have fun. We believe that both camp and the arts provide a place to heal, to rejuvenate and to find community – and that this is more important now than ever. While the in-person connections cannot be replaced, we are determined to provide a space for our students to explore the arts together this summer.
Find out more about our new virtual program, AXP@Home below.
Experience the joy and magic of arts-X-press from home this summer with AXP@Home. Designed for students going into 7th and 8th grade, AXP@Home will bring many of the elements of Pacific Symphony’s popular summer program directly to students this summer. Students will come together to explore the arts, express themselves creatively and collaborate with peers on an artistic journey through many different art forms during their two weeks with AXP@Home.
Session 1: June 22 – July 3 (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 5pm) - FULL!
Session 2: July 6 – July 17 (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 5pm)
Tuition: $200 for two weeks
Financial aid is available
Limited spots available. APPLY NOW!
- Programming from 9:30 a.m. 5 p.m., with optional activities, breaks and independent work built in so that you can customize your time at AXP@Home.
- Screen Time: Approximately 3-5 hours per day.
- You’ll receive a Magic Kit containing supplies and other fun AXP items for your time at camp.
- Each student will take a Creative Expression class in the morning as well as two different arts workshops (instrumental music, vocal music, dance, theater or visual art). Other daily activities include counselor-led games, optional lunch hangouts, opportunities to meet with Carl St.Clair and Pacific Symphony musicians and guided virtual watch parties of professional theater, dance and musical productions.
- During the two-week session, students will work with their instructor and fellow campers to create their own original art and participate in group exploration of their art forms. AXP@Home will end with a final video recap of students’ experience.
- All classes are led by our regular arts-X-press staff who are experienced teachers and/or professional artists who come from around the Southern California region and the country to teach at arts-X-press each summer.
- Our crew of experienced and enthusiastic high school and college age counselors will be on hand virtually to mentor students and bring our signature AXP magic straight to your living room.
- Classes are capped at 10 students to allow for small-group interaction and individualized attention. Admin support is available for students and families who need extra technical support.
Email us at arts-Xfirstname.lastname@example.org