Overview of Opportunities
There are currently no auditions scheduled.
The arts‐X‐press Resident Coordinator assists the arts‐X‐press Manager in the smooth running of daily operations while the program is in session. The resident coordinator is expected to sleep on campus for the duration of the assigned 5‐day session(s).
- Live onsite during program and assist in daily operations of the program including:
- Providing schedules, information and keys for staff and counselors
- Office tasks such as checking e-mail and voice mail
- Distribution and collection of keys
- ArtsMart sales and reconciliation
- Assist teaching staff with schedules, supplies, equipment and other organizational needs
- Set-up and clean-up of classrooms
- Errands as necessary
- Greeting/hosting visitors
- Confirming buses and meals
- Execution of the Parent Presentation
- Preparation and support for excursions
- Resident coordinator is expected to drive separately to excursion sites in order to provide support should a student or staff need to be transported by car.
- Documenting daily activities via photos and blog posts
- Other duties as needed
- Assist with counselor and staff training.
- Assist with load-in and load-out of program.
- Assist with onsite organization during student orientations and staff training.
Do you enjoy talking on the phone? Do you enjoy classical music and the Symphony? Are you articulate, friendly and enthusiastic? Do you have sales experience?
If so, we would love to meet you. We are seeking telephone representatives to make outbound sales calls on behalf of Pacific Symphony. Callers must be highly motivated and comfortable engaging people of varying backgrounds. A positive, upbeat attitude and the ambition to meet and exceed your goals is a must. Knowledge of and passion for music and the performing arts is desirable.
Qualified leads will be provided; no cold calling. We provide training, a welcoming office environment and a competitive compensation structure. There is a 20-hour-per-week minimum. More hours may be available. Shifts are 5-9 p.m.
To apply, please call (714) 876-2301.
Pacific Symphony offers internships for students interested in a career in a non-profit arts organization. Interns will be exposed to the many facets of the administrative office responsible for the operation of the organization and should come away with an understanding of how the non-profit arts world operates. Internships are often available in the following areas:
- Concert Production/Operations
- Public Relations
- Special Events
Interns must demonstrate strong computer skills, strong written and oral skills, organization skills, and the ability to perform multiple tasks with attention to detail. They must maintain a professional attitude and be able to interface successfully with a variety of personalities.
Internships are unpaid and require a minimum of 10 hours a week (scheduling is flexible) during regular office hours. Pacific Symphony is located in Orange County, California and does not provide housing, transportation, or relocation costs. Assignments will be based on the interest and qualifications of the intern and the needs of each individual department.
For information on internship openings or interest in applying please contact (714) 755-5788.
Volunteer positions at Pacific Symphony are available in the following areas (click to view):
- Artistic and Orchestra Operations
- Education and Community Engagement
- Marketing and Public Relations
If you would like information on volunteering for Pacific Symphony, please contact:
Director of Volunteer Services
Lisa will be happy to tell you about our volunteer opportunities.