Virtual Family Concert
John Williams: Maestro of the Movies
Available for viewing until July 14.
Lights, camera, action! Celebrate the treasured film music of John Williams in an exhilarating performance featuring your favorite themes from “Harry Potter,” “Star Wars,” “Jurassic Park,” and more! This 45-minute online concert replaces the live Family Musical Morning series performance originally scheduled on May 30. Audiences of all ages will enjoy performances of selections from John Williams’ film scores.
Virtual Concert Includes
- Welcome from Farmers & Merchants Bank President W. Henry Walker, our Family Musical Mornings presenting sponsor, as he recognizes Associate Conductor Roger Kalia for his long-term service to Pacific Symphony
- Interspersed throughout: music from some of John Williams' most popular films: "Star Wars," "Jurassic Park," "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "Harry Potter" and "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial," performed by Pacific Symphony and conducted by Principal Pops Conductor Richard Kaufman
- Eyewitness reports from Pacific Symphony musicians who have performed on John Williams' film scores or conducted his music in concert
- Spotlight instrument: the brass family (French horn, trumpet, trombone)
- Ask the Orchestra
- Ask the Composer featuring John Williams
- The "Passing of the Baton" from Associate Conductor Roger Kalia to our new assistant conductor, Jacob Sustaita
Watch the Concert
Sign in below to unlock the virtual concert, available for viewing until July 14.
To enhance your concert experience, download the program notes, where you will find activities that families can do together at home, including:
- A spotlight on the brass family (French horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba)
- A spotlight on composer John Williams
- A STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) activity on movie sound effects
- Links to seventeen different movie-themed crafts and coloring pages, each highlighting a different movie for which John Williams composed the score.
Plus, watch a Meet the Young Musician video featuring a member of Pacific Symphony Youth Ensembles: