|Make a Contribution|
What Your Gift Does at Pacific Symphony
You already know that a gift to Pacific Symphony helps to sustain our artistic excellence and innovative programming, along with community and educational outreach programs that touch tens of thousands of children and adults each year. You also already know that by attending Pacific Symphony, you’re supporting professional classical music in Orange County.
But what you might not know is that Pacific Symphony is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and that ticket sales only support about half (52%) of the music, education programs and community activities that we do.
What would only half as much activity look like?
- Almost 78,000 people would lose access to world-class performances at the Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall, including thousands of young children and their families that receive free tickets to experience the magic of music.
- 15 schools would lose the Frieda Belinfante Class Act program and the opportunity to explore themes of music and creativity throughout the school year.
- 9 social service agency partners would not have access to music programs that help further their mission.
- 75 middle schoolers couldn’t attend arts-X-press and learn to take risks and express themselves creatively.
- Over 100 high school musicians wouldn’t get top-notch training with the Pacific Symphony Youth Ensembles.
- And more…
Your support keeps all these opportunities available, thriving, and GROWING.
Your gift of $1,000 means:
- 1,000 students can attend Class Act Prelude Assemblies in 2 Orange County Schools or
- 1 student can attend arts-X-press, a five-day arts exploration experience, on a full scholarship or
- The musical parts and score for Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony
A $500 gift means:
- 30 Santa Ana Strings students and their families can take a bus to their culminating performance at a Pacific Symphony concert for free or
- All 30 Class Act schools will receive educational supplies for the year
A $350 gift means:
- 150 Santa Ana Strings students will receive a group coaching with a professional Pacific Symphony musician
A $100 gift means:
- One underserved family will enjoy a Family Musical Mornings concert through Heartstrings
But what is my gift doing RIGHT NOW?
At this moment, your gift is making a difference! This summer, Pacific Symphony has been busier than ever.
- Allows our education staff to create lessons and train teachers for the Class Act School Year
- Brings 150 middle school students to arts-X-press, our summer arts immersion camp
- Keeps violins in the hands of our Santa Ana Strings students all summer long
- Brings FREE Symphony in the Cities neighborhood concerts to 10,000 people in three communities across Orange County
- Helps us hire world-class artists and commission new works for the upcoming seasons
Through all these programs and beyond, the Symphony strives to be a positive partner in our community. Did you know that we collaborate with over 300 organizations regionally? Each of the dots on the map to the left represents a community partner!
From Boys & Girls Club of Santa Ana, which partners with us for our Santa Ana Strings program; to Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) who partner with us for Heartstrings. From the Huntington Beach Concert Band that plays with the Symphony every summer for the Tchaikovsky Spectacular to Chapman University, which collaborates with us on our Opera-Vocal Initiative; we are building meaningful relationships that make a long-term difference in Orange County.
Want more detail on all the ways we collaborate? This amazing study, put together by the League of American Orchestras, highlights all the details of our partnerships across the region!
Want more information? Call the Development Department at (714) 876-2377.