Enjoy a spectacular evening out with family and friends with picnicking, great music—ranging from patriotic tunes, and pop to the classics—cool summer breezes and occasionally dazzling fireworks. Pacific Amphitheatre is a casual, carefree environment, so dress comfortably, pack a picnic and let the fun begin. If you have not yet been to a Pacific Symphony Summer Festival concert at Pacific Amphitheatre, this site will impart the information you need to enhance your experience and prepare you to feel right at home.
Address & Contact Information
Picnicking, Food, Wine & Beer
Glass & Metal Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Pacific Amphitheatre @ OC Fair & Event Center
100 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, California 92626
Pacific Amphitheatre Box Office
Hours: Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Symphony Box Office
Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
In Orange County
The 5, 22, 73, 91 and 405 Freeways all connect with the South Newport (55) Freeway. Exit Del Mar/Fair Drive.
From Los Angeles
5 South or 405 South to 55 South, exit Del Mar/Fair Drive.
91 West to 55 South, exit Del Mar/Fair Drive.
From San Diego
5 North to 405 North to 55 South, exit Del Mar/Fair Drive.
After exiting the freeway, follow the directional signage to available parking.
Ample parking can be found via Gate 3 located on Fairview Road. Lot D provides easy access to the box office or picnic areas (please reference these areas on the map). Handicap parking can be found at Lot B or Lot F.
$8 General Parking
Handicap Parking is also available
The main designated picnic areas can be found at Plaza Pacifica, Pacific Amphitheatre’s brand-new lobby and entrance area. Here, you will find a variety of picnic tables that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. For a guaranteed picnicking spot, patrons may enjoy their food from the comfort of their assigned seats inside the amphitheatre. Please reference the maps below to see how to access the designated picnic areas.
You are welcome to bring your own picnic — including wine— or, if you prefer, you may purchase food from onsite vendors. Picnics purchased through Pacific Symphony are available for pickup on the Plaza Pacifica, near the picnic area. For your safety, please note that barbecues, folding tables and chairs are not permitted inside the Pacific Amphitheatre venue. (See Glass & Metal Policy below concerning regulations for the seating area.)
Unfortunately, outside beer is not allowed on the property at Pacific Amphitheatre. Beer is available for purchase from several onsite vendors.
Hard coolers, metal knives, corkscrews and glassware of any type — including wine glasses and wine bottles — are not permitted inside the seating area of Pacific Amphitheatre. Plastic decanters will be available for purchase for a nominal fee at designated tables near seating entrances and Plaza Pacifica entrances. Per Pacific Amphitheatre policy, all wine in glass containers must be decanted prior to entering the seating area of Pacific Amphitheatre.
For your convenience, please reference the following options and venue map. Please note that glassware is not allowed in the areas marked in red:
- Make sure you have your tickets! Will Call is located at the Box Office in front of the Concourse. If you already have your tickets and would like to picnic, please follow the dotted path from Lot D to the Plaza Pacifica.
- Proceed to picnic at Plaza Pacifica, on the Concourse or at your seats. Food is available for purchase on the Concourse. To access the Plaza Pacifica picnic area, follow the dotted path on the map that begins at the Concourse. You must decant your wine into a plastic container prior to entering the seating area. Glass wine glasses are not allowed inside the seating area.
- Head to your seats and enjoy the concert! However, please note that glassware of any type (including glass wine glasses) is prohibited in the seating area of Pacific Amphitheatre. Glass wine bottles must be decanted into a plastic container, which will be available for purchase near seating entrances and at Plaza Pacifica.
- Are the seats padded?
The comfortable seats at Pacific Amphitheatre are brand new stadium seats: They have armrests and cup holders, and plenty of legroom, but no padding.
- Are there hand rails/guard rails to hold onto when walking down the stairs?
There are no hand rails, but the facility is ADA compliant with plenty of wheelchair seats!
- Where are the restrooms in relation to the seats?
Restrooms are conveniently located, on either side of the main concourse near the box office and at Plaza Pacifica.
- Are umbrellas allowed into the venue?
Unfortunately, umbrellas are not allowed inside the venue.
- Will we have in-and-out privileges to return picnics to the car?
You will be allowed to exit and reenter the venue. Gate attendants will provide hands stamps to allow for re-entry.
- Will there be large screens at all the concerts?
Yes, screens will be used at all summer concerts at Pacific Amphitheatre.
- From where will the fireworks be shot?
Fireworks will be shot from Parking Lot B. As you’re looking at the stage, they will be visible to the left of the amphitheatre.
- Where are the best seats for viewing fireworks?
Most seats have excellent views of the fireworks, but because they are shot from the left side of the amphitheatre, the most panoramic views will be from seats on the right.
- Can we leave right after fireworks, or will the exits be blocked?
Unlike previous seasons, you will be able to leave the venue immediately after the fireworks show. Fireworks will be shot from a secure location that will not interfere with patrons needing to exit early.
Food & Drink
- What food options will be available for purchase?
At least two food vendors will be open: Stage Right Grill and Stage Left Grill. The menu includes hot dogs and hamburgers, as well as more upscale options like chicken piccata and prime rib sliders.
- Will there be vegetarian options?
Yes, the vegetarian option is a roasted vegetable wrap.
- Can we bring soft drinks into the amphitheatre?
Yes, outside food, wine and soft drinks are permitted. Outside beer is not permitted. Keep in mind however, that glass is prohibited inside the seating area of the amphitheatre. All glass bottled wine must be decanted in a plastic decanter prior to entry into the venue.
- Am I allowed to bring in outside food and/or drinks for the Kenny Loggins and The B52s concerts?
Unfortunately, outside food, soft drinks and wine will not be allowed at the July 12 and July 20 concerts.
- How much is parking?
$8, cash only.
- How far is the parking lot from the amphitheatre?
Steps away! Parking is significantly improved from the experience at Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre. From the time you park, you are only minutes away from your concert experience.
- Where are the designated picnic areas?
You may enjoy picnics with your friends and family at picnic tables on the main concourse and Plaza Pacifica. Tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please reference the map above to find the path to the picnic areas.
- Can we bring chairs into the venue for picnicking?
Unfortunately, chairs are not permitted.
- Is there enough room to picnic in your seat?
Yes, there is ample foot room, and each seat has a cup holder. Keep in mind, however, that no glass is permitted inside the amphitheatre.
- Am I allowed to picnic during the Kenny Loggins and The B52s concerts?
Unfortunately, picnicking is not allowed at the Kenny Loggins concert on July 12 and the performance of The B52s on July 20. Outside food, soft drinks and wine will not be permitted at these concerts.
- Venue Information
- Renée & Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall
- Samueli Theater
- Pacific Amphitheatre
- FivePoint Amphitheatre
- SOKA Performing Arts Center
- Symphony in the Cities Venues
- Anaheim Packing House
- Avenue of the Arts Hotel
- Concordia University
- Fullerton First United Methodist Church
- Irvine Barclay Theatre
- Laguna Art Museum
- Logan Creative
- OC Music & Dance
- Orange County Center for Contemporary Art
- The Boathouse Collective
- Yorba Linda Friends Church
- Pacific Amphitheatre presented by OC Fair
- Hilbert Museum
- Attending a Concert
- Pre-Concert Talks and Podcasts
- Pacific Symphony Blog
- Program Notes
- Listen on the Radio
- Pacific Symphony ON DEMAND