Audition registration for the PSYE 2021-22 season is now open!
Visit the Registration page to get started.
Auditions for the 2021-22 season will take place online with pre-recorded video submissions. Application materials, audition fee and audition video must be submitted by Friday, May 7, at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
Are You Eligible?
Members of PSYE must meet the following requirements during the 2021-22 season:
- Actively participate with your school music program to the satisfaction of your school music director during the 2021-22 school year.
- Study the instrument you are auditioning on with a private teacher during the 2021-22 school year.
- Meet the following grade/age requirements as of September 1, 2021:
a. Santiago Strings – Grades 6-9
b. Youth Wind Ensemble – Grades 8-12
c. Youth Orchestra – Grades 9-12
The audition process requires you to prepare and implement two musical components:
- Solo - Please prepare one solo of your choice which best demonstrates your playing ability. Solos should be a 1 1/2 - 2 minute selection performed without an accompanist. Please provide a scanned copy of your solo for the adjudicators. (For piano, harp and percussion solo requirements, please see the excerpt page for your respective instrument).
- Required Excerpts – You will be expected to prepare all excerpts assigned to your instrument by Pacific Symphony Youth Ensembles. Please click here to download the excerpts for your instrument.
Please feel free to contact a PSYE staff member with any questions or concerns.
Contact us: psye@PacificSymphony.org
- Music and Arts Learning at Home for All Ages
- PS Youth Ensembles
- General Program Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PSYE Board and Staff
- PS Youth Orchestra
- PS Youth Wind Ensemble
- PS Santiago Strings
- 2020-21 Season Programming
- PSYE Participating Schools
- PSYE Young Composer Project
- Family Musical Mornings
- Community Concerts
- Class Act
- Santa Ana Strings
- OC Can You Play With Us?
- Symphony on the Air
- Student Tickets
- Strings for Generations
Jacob Sustaita, Music Director, Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra and Assistant Conductor, Pacific Symphony
Gregory X. Whitmore, Music Director, Pacific Symphony Youth Wind Ensemble
Irene Kroesen, Music Director, Pacific Symphony Santiago Strings
Carl St.Clair, Artistic Advisor
Shawne Zarubica, Director of Youth Ensembles
Nicole Kroesen, Youth Ensemble Manager
Bridget Bow, Santiago Strings String Coach
Danielle Liu, Youth Quartet Coordinator
Maranda Li, Youth Ensembles Intern